Whidbey and Camano Islands are the perfect destinations for an authentic private yacht charters Pacific Northwest escapade. The rural islands situated far away from the hustle and bustle of the city life are a great antidote to your busy city life. Its location may seem quite inconvenient, however, it is situated only a short sailing from Seattle or Vancouver, B.C. Visit this island to enjoy a leisurely stroll along the wide-open beaches to take in the mesmerizing views of the lush green nature, explore the great art, have scrumptious food and many more things to do.
Challenge yourself or treat yourself with a list of to dos on Whidbey and Camano Islands. You can hike and fish the waters or stroll the many walking-friendly shopping venues featuring a variety of restaurants to please anyone.
1. Hiking and Walking Oak Harbor – Oak Harbor offers the travelers a chance to make full use of their travel interests, from dining and shopping to military history and whale watching. Oak Harbor is even more famous for one more thing, hiking and walking. Washington’s most popular destination for hiking is Deception Pass State Park. Another most popular hiking and walking place is the Dugualla State Park trails. It gives hikers the feeling of being in a distant and mystical land. The Scenic Heights Road Walk is not a wilderness trail, but a paved street that offers a spectacular view of Oak Harbor.
2. Fishing Deception Pass – The most-visited state park in Washington is Deception Pass. Famous for its rugged cliffs, mysterious coves, and jaw-dropping sunsets, this park is popular amongst the locals as well as the foreign travelers. Families can fish and swim in Cranberry Lake. This marine area offers a diversity of fishing opportunities that range from coastal cutthroat trout to bottom fish to various other species of salmon. Chinook, pink, coho and sockeye return each season to the world renowned Skagit River. The most popular areas to fish in Deception Pass State Park are at North Beach and West Beach.
3. Kayaking Around the Islands – Some adventurers seek wilderness once they are on Whidbey or Camano Islands. Once you’re in a kayak, explore the beautiful islands and their wildlife in a way most people usually don’t even consider. Travel in silence to get up close and personal with the wildlife that resides in the waters in Island County. Possibilities include sea lions and seals, orca whales, starfish, herons, and porpoises to name a few.
4. Wineries, Distilleries & Breweries on the Islands – Want to spend a day with people who are passionate about their craft? Whidbey and Camano Islands offer visitors lots of options for sampling the region’s wine, beer, and other alcoholic beverages. This region of the island country is a paradise for food lovers – famous for its excellent seafood, fresh produce, and artisan chocolates. Local wine or crafted beer or a liqueur is a natural pairing with fresh sea food found in this Northwest region. The Whidbey Island is home to seven wineries, two distilleries, and two breweries. You can even attend the annual “Red Wine and Chocolate” event that is held each year in the month of February in Camano and Whidbey Islands.
5. For a Soaring Experience: Go Ziplining – An adventure which the whole family can enjoy while on a visit to Camano Island. Six zip lines, a log bridge, and a 47-foot final rappel are what await those ready for both an adventurous and a learning experience. Thousands of visitors every year visit this place for an exhilarating experience.
Whidbey, the Camano Islands, and Deception Pass are an indisputable escape from the everyday hustle and bustle to the pinnacle of the Pacific Northwest vacationing spots. The area is relaxing and has a laid back atmosphere. These prime spots are just a short sail away from major cities like Seattle and Vancouver B.C. when visiting aboard private yacht charters in Pacific Northwest. So, get ready to have a memorable charter excursion in Whidbey and Camano Islands!